Sw-With Open Eyes (final) Sw-With Open Eyes (final)

Nice

Let me start by saying, I love it. It's great, like always. You're a fantastic artist.

However, I must be honest, it's both your best and not quite as good as others. I think musically, the song is one of your best. The melodies in the back, the instruments, are amazing. Even the vocal effects and vocals sounds fantastic.

However, I think that lyrically it's not as strong as some of your other songs. I've absolutely loved your lyrics in the past (Letter-Boundless Ocean-, and Echoes Through Eternity some of my favorites). This one I felt kind of like you were reaching for lyrics, but maybe that was just me. All in all, a great song, but something just held it back for me a bit and I think it was the lyrics.

Anyways, hopefully you enjoy my constructive criticism =P. Keep pumping out the fantastic songs.

~Isacc

^^;

Honestly, I was trying to be less direct and more poetic with this one. Perhaps I should stick with what I'm best at and just be more direct.

I was thinking what you were thinking in the back of my mind; now that I've heard you say that, I now know it's not just me.

Thanks Tyler.

These mistakes (Remastered) These mistakes (Remastered)

Great -- Gandalf omg!

Fantastic sounding, and I would give a long complex commentary like I usually do, except I am very busy. The reason I -am- commenting is to say.

OMG GANDALF SAID THAT QUOTE!! =D

Lol, was just listening to your stuff as i worked and was like "Hey, wait, that's gandalf!" Nicely done.

It Torments Him It Torments Him

Awesome

I would give a long detailed review but I'd feel like I was being repetitive and redundant. You do not need any criticism really but I feel like I should leave you a review so you know I'm paying attention =P. I think this really would go extremely well with an anime (being a very avid watcher of anime, I feel I have some level of experience to judge). It definitely has that very serious, emotionally powerful feel to it, however still seeming very unique and suited for an animated film. Bravo.

Setu-Firestorm responds:

Thanks. I was purposely trying to compose the Hoshima score to sound ideal for an anime.

Eternal Rest (old) Eternal Rest (old)

Great

Great job as always bro. The mixture of each instrument and the way they compliment eachother is perfect. Perfect harmony. The melodies progress smoothly and powerfully. Regardless of what anyone can say of your music, it is brilliantly composed and perfectly cohesive.

Setu-Firestorm responds:

Thanks. Don't worry. Only people who've known me for years and, I guess, hate me for some reason are the only ones that roast my work - and even then, I could care less what they have to say if it's not constructive.

the pianist's rise the pianist's rise

Not enough

I like it, the melody is pleasant and the overall sound is good, however it's extremely simple. It was all only a single melody, repeated with variation. Now, this would normally not be too much of an issue except that you kept building tension and then right when it ought to lead to a more powerful melody, it would repeat the old one again. All in all, you have talent and I like it, however it has too many flaws to really enjoy fully.

Eternal Fire Eternal Fire

Awesome

I really like it. It all seems to fit together pretty well and I really just enjoy the melody you used. Something about it is just enjoyable to me. One thing I would like is some vocals. Are you considering coming up with lyrics and adding them to the song? Oh btw, the really quiet solos were awesome. Very nice switch and they contrasted perfectly with the rest of the song.

Jam270293 responds:

Yes I have been considering adding lyrics but I tried recording and it sounded like dog shit so I'll keep trying. Thanks for the compliments.

The Unforgiven Decision The Unforgiven Decision

Cool

I definitely like it. Has a very unique feel to it, while still having elements that make it enjoyable. I'll get on trying to write some lyrics, I wrote I'm Falling by Setu-Firestorm (you can look it up here on Newgrounds) so I'll give yours a try. What feel were you going for with the lyrics?

BallinFatty responds:

i dont really want or need lyrics, i just thought it'd be cool if someone could think of some. tho i' probably wouldnt use them. you can still try if you want

anyways, thanks for the 8, glad you liked it!!

Guitar Play Guitar Play

Well done

I like it. I wouldn't exactly say the feeling is tranquility, it's definitely soothing but not calm. Freedom was right though. It makes me think of an aventure, especially like a sailing voyage or something. Very nice. Keep up the good work, and see if you can make something even longer and fuller.

{Next Gen Remix} {Next Gen Remix}

Nice

Good remix of a good song. Well done, you did not in any way ruin the original with the remix. A question, not a threat or accusation just a question, was a part of the synth solo inspired by the guitar v piano songs? Just the part starting at about 2:19, sounds kinda similar tho deff not the same, not that there's anything wrong was just curious if that's what was on ur mind when you created that particular melody. Anyways, all in all sounds good. One criticism, I'm not a huge fan of the kinda reset area around 3 mins.

fishfood2021 responds:

about the guitar vs piano thing.. I was just thinking the same thing but no it wasn't inspired by that song lol. its actually quite a simple melody to make. It was a complete accident. lol

Thanks for the review :)

Superman's Dead (8bit funeral) Superman's Dead (8bit funeral)

Great

Awesome job man. Great song choice and nicely done remix. Don't worry, nothing was off-key from the original song. Extremely well done. I would love to hear some more songs remixed to this style. All around good work.